- Landing involves narrowly missing diving into the sea.
- Nobody stands still on airport walkalators. Nobody.
- Taxi (and bus) drivers seem to sincerely believe they're training for the Formula 1.
- The place is a sensory invasion. Signs, signs, and more signs. Nearly every tall commericial building has blinking lights surrounding it. If you're on the road, a passing UFO with blinking circumference lights will simply blend into the background.
- Throngs of people all move at top walking speed without bumping into anything.
- There's a zip in the air, and a sense of purpose to nearly everything and everyone.
- Despite the fast pace, people can be remarkably courteous.
- There is no shortage of food joints.
- There are very accessible places where you can completely forget you're in one of the world's largest cities.
- The city never seems to sleep.
Monday, February 13, 2006
Posted by Anshul at 1:43 AM